5-7 Youth Info and Maps
50 meter swim (or 25 meter at ladder)
~1/2 mile bike
1/4 mile run
Packet Pick Up
Date/Time: Friday, April 21, 2017 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Date/Time: Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:00 AM to 8:15 AM
Location: Campolindo High School Quad/Transition Area, 300 Moraga Rd.
Check in & Body Marking
Date/Time: Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:45 am – 8:30 am
Location: Campolindo H.S. Quad/Transition Area, 300 Moraga Road, Moraga
Walking path just outside the Northeast corner of the Soda Aquatics Center. Opens at 7:30 am – 5-7 age group will have their own bike/run transition area. *One parent will be allowed to assist the athlete in the transition area.
Youth divisions must be checked in by 8:30 AM and inside the Soda Aquatic Center – READY TO START. The weather may be cool, so we suggest you wear warm clothing prior to the swim.
Please note the following times and details:
8:45 AM: Youth division will be lined up according to race number. You must start the swim in the designated order. Anyone not in order will be disqualified.
8:55 AM: Final race instructions given to all participants
9:15 AM: Swim Start – 5‐7 age group will enter the pool and go every 10 seconds. Athletes will start at the east end of the pool, in lane 1 and swim a single length of 50 meters.
- Upon completion, participants will exit the Northwest corner of the pool, jog back to the Northwest corner of the Soda Aquatics Center, exiting the gate and entering the transition area.
- Inside the transition area, athletes will grab gear and bike and head for the exit. NOTE: YOU MAY NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE INSIDE THE TRANSITION AREA AND HELMETS MUST BE STRAPPED ON BEFORE EXITING.
- The bike course takes you through the Campolindo High School hallways and quad area and returns you to the transition area. Remember, you must dismount before entering the transition area.
- Return your bike to the transition area before heading out for the run. Ages 5‐7 will run from the transition area up to the football stadium for 3/4 of a lap before reaching the finish line.
- Each youth participant will receive a medal as they cross the finish line. Since this is a recreational triathlon, no awards for placement will be given.
For more information download the 5-7 Youth Info and Map Packet.